Thursday, November 20, 2008

As my favorite Holiday approaches, I get so excited. Thanksgiving is great because it's all about the FOOD. I'm pouring over old and new recipes right now to creat 2 Thanksgiving dinners. I know I'll try the Roasted Cranberry recipe this year with a lot of my old standbys. Cornbread Sausage Stuffing, Smooth and Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Vegetables (Brussels Sprouts, Beets, Yams, Acorn Squash), My Famous Macaroni and Cheese plus Braised Greens. I'm soaking the Turkey in Cider and Garlic. Usually I've not been impressed with brining because it makes the Gravy too Salty. But this brine is light on the salt and you can still make a decent gravy with it. Yeah!!!
Also, planning a cooking class the Saturday after Thanksgiving, not the smartest but a great way to spend the weekend after eating is by working in the kitchen. http://begourmet.home.att.net/schedule.html is the link for the schedule online.....

No comments: